Saturday, August 25, 2007

- Lowlands 07 - Walabi World Holland

Spent last weekend at a three day music festival called "Lowlands" with Nicola and Alicia. Was good fun, good music and I am sure I managed to kill off a few braincells along the way.

Trekking the bijzonder* long distance from the car to the camp grounds.
(*bijzonder Dutch for extraordinarily, particularly)


Tent city and home for the next 3 days!!

Inside the venue bevies in hand.

I like this photo. But I think it might have been during Mika. Which I didn't like!! (sorry Steve I had no rancid Dutch cheese to throw at his head for you but I did want too!!)


The Killers. Not the biggest fan but they rocked. I have a new respect for them now.


I think this is the amount of tickets sold to the festival "59 703"

Nothing like a raw herring sandwich with onions as a midnight snack after a few beers to ensure pleasant breath in the morning.

As warm as the days were it was freakin freazing in the tent at night. After a almost hypothermic sleep broken only from early morning giggles due to all the random snoring going on from the surrounding tents, we still manage a smile!!

After a crap nights sleep, a slight hangover, a breaky that consisted of cold beans, sardines and cheese bread, a few more beers, rock climbing seemed like a pretty good idea!!???? We did make it to the top.

Horse and his mate were there rockin away as well!!

One of our many chilled out moments

Blowing up my free condom also seemed like a good idea.

Our late night reflections

We awoke to find the Weed Fairy (or a drunken/stoned person) had left us a bag of pot, bag of hash, a few smokes and some papers at the front of out tent. Pity we don't smoke it but we did keep the weed for future cooking adventures!!

?????

?????????????

Manky festival shoes!!

I think a few people were taking notice of this tshirt

Dammit!!

Another arvo chill out


Nine Inch Nails. They were wicked. Quite easily the best band I had seen there so far. But Tool were yet to play!!

Trent Reznor

After being extremely hypo all afternoon (much to the amusement of Alicia) I was stoked to see the band I had come to see!!!! TOOL

They were awesome!!! As you would expect. Fantastic way to end and awesome weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog